1 pkg GRAINSTORM Ancient Grain Muffin Mix
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 3/4 cups plain (or vanilla) yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. allspice
2 medium apples, coarsely shredded
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 - 3 tbsp. butter, softened
6 tbsp. crushed nuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375°F; lightly grease muffin pans.
2. Wet mix: In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until light and fluffy looking. Add remaining wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
3. Final batter: Combine dry mix, wet mix, and shredded apples, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix.
4. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
5. Mix together ingredients for streusel topping until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of the muffins.
6. Bake for 16 - 18 minutes, or until the tops spring back when touched. Do not over bake, or the muffins will be dry.
7. Remove from oven, let set in pan for a few minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
Makes 14 - 18 muffins