Holiday Oatmeal Cookies
A fun Christmas-coloured infusion for our basic oatmeal cookie; this is what our family gives for holiday cookie swaps...super-addicting!
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ sticks (¾ cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- optional: 1 tsp grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F, lightly grease cookie sheets
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Other ingredients: prepare and combine with wet mix in the large bowl.
- Final batter: combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- Let stand for 30 to 60 minnutes so the oats can absorb the liquid.
- Spoon out 12 to a sheet; you can press them down if you want thinner and crisper
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until nicely browned top and bottom.
- Remove from oven and after 5-10 miinutes remove to cooling rack
- Store in cookie jar or freezer; not in the fridge or in an air-tight container
Makes 24-36 cookies
NOTE: Increasing both butter and sugar by 25%-50% will make a richer, crisper, and of course sweeter variation.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published