Substitute the usual yogurt and milk in our wet mix for buttermilk, and you get a tangier, richer pancake. Toss in fresh blueberries as you cook them and you have the perfect Sunday breakfast.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups organic blueberries
- Preheat griddle or heavy frying pan to medium
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Final batter: combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- To cook: ladle on to greased pan, spreading gently before pancake sets (use a circular motion). Flip when golden, remove when JUST firm. Do not overcook or pancakes will be tough.
- As first side of each pancake cooks, push blueberries into the batter
- Serve immediately on warmed plates, or hold in warm oven.
Serves 6 to 8