A delicious rustic cake that’s a great treat for breakfast, snack or dessert. Delightfully grainy, buttery and bursting with bold and sweet cinnamon, it’s a hit any time of day.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1¾ cups plain yogurt
- 6 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F, use convection if you have it; lightly grease Bundt or loaf pans
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Other ingredients: combine in small bowl to make cinnamon swirl mixture, set aside
- Final batter: combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- spoon half the batter into pan, add a generous layer of cinnamon sugar; then add remaining batter and final layer of cinnamon sugar
- using a thin knife, gently swirl the batter to create swirl effect
- Bake 45-55 minutes for bundt (25-35 min at 375° for shallow loaves) until the tops JUST spring back and tester comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven, set in pans for 10-15 minutes, then remove to cooling rack
Makes one beautiful bundt cake or 2 medium loaves