A beautiful pairing of nutty Kamut and zesty orange. A great breakfast muffin and fabulous bottom layer for fresh berries and whipped cream or ice cream!
- 2 large eggs
- ½ stick (4 tbsp) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large orange, juice and zest
- Preheat oven to 400°F, use convection if you have it; lightly grease muffin or loaf pans
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Final batter: combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- Fill muffin cups close to top, sprinkle with sanding sugar and garnish with apple slices if desired
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until the tops JUST spring back. Do not over bake or muffins will be tough
- For loaves, divide into two 5 x 9 loaf pans or one 9 inch cake pan and bake at 375°F for 25-35 min
- Remove from oven, set in pans for 5-10 minutes, then remove to cooling rack
Makes 12-16 muffins or 2 medium loaves