Maple Cream Upside Down Cake
1 pkg GRAINSTORM Ancient Grain Pancake Mix
1 cup organic sugar
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup yogurt (or sour cream)
1 cup milk
2 cups (500 ml) maple syrup
2 cups whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 375°F; grease a 9x13 inch pan.
2. Whisk eggs to incorporate some air. Add sugar, oil, yogurt, and milk. Mix well.
3. Gently stir in package ingredients until just mixed. Do not over mix. Spread the batter in 9x13 pan.
4. Sauce: Bring maple syrup and cream to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over batter.
5. Bake for approximately 35 - 40 minutes. (Cake will rise, and sauce will sink to the bottom.)
6. Absolutely delicious if served warm with milk or whipped cream, or best of all, a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
* This recipe can easily be cut in half and baked in 9x9 inch pan.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published