Our muffin mixes use from 50-70% less added sugar than other baking mixes. But use our Ancient Grain Pancake Mix and you've got a SUPER low-sugar muffin that still has tons of fresh grain flavour. Plus, you can add up to 2 cups of your favourite extra ingredients!
- 2 large eggs
- ½ stick (4 tbsp) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1¾ cups plain yogurt
- OPTIONAL up to 2 cups of extras (nuts, berries, banana, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F, use convection if you have it; lightly grease muffin pans
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Other ingredients: prepare then and add to the wet mix now.
- Final batter: combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- Fill muffin cups close to top, sprinkle with sanding sugar if desired
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until the tops JUST spring back. Do not over bake or muffins will be tough
- Remove from oven, set in pans for 5-10 minutes, then remove to cooling rack
Makes 12-16 muffins