We love this recipe as a base for strawberry shortcake or any other fruit dessert. All you need is some honey and lemon and vanilla and you’ve got a fabulous rustic desert cake base.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1¾ cups plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F, use convection if you have it; lightly grease a loaf pan
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add remaining ingredients and whisk smooth
- Final batter: combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- Fill loaf pan, sprinkle with sanding sugar
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until the tops JUST spring back. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven, set in pan for 15 minutes, then remove to cooling rack
Makes 12-16 muffins or 2 shallow loaves