Lighter and more textured than typical Banana Bread and substantially less sweet. Bake in two shallow loaves rather than one deep one for better rise and crumb.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ stick (4 tbsp) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1¾ cups plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup chopped raw walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F, use convection if you have it; lightly grease two loaf pans
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Other ingredients: mash banana and chop walnuts very fine; combine them with wet mix in the large bowl
- Final batter: combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- Split batter between pans
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until the tops JUST spring back. Do not over bake or loaves will be tough
- Remove from oven, set in pans for 10 minutes, then remove to cooling rack
Makes 2 medium loaves