A rich, super-tasty treat that is also quite nutritious. Our kids love them for an after school snack so they don't last long in our cookie jar. They won't last long in yours either!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ sticks butter, melted
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cream (or milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup premium quality chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F, lightly grease cookie sheets
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Other ingredients: stir in the chocolate chips
- Final batter: combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- Form golf-ball sized balls, laying out 12 to a cookie sheet then flatten each ball (with your hand, a fork or a greased glass bottom)
- Bake 14-18 minutes, or until nicely browned top and bottom.
- Remove from oven and after 5-10 miinutes remove to cooling rack
- Store in cookie jar or freezer; not in the fridge or in an air-tight container
Makes 24 large cookies
Feel free to vary the amount of cocoa powder, peanut butter and chocolate chips to your liking.