Here's a lovely little cake for the fall season, and a nice alternative to pumpkin pie. If you want to make something really special, drizzle it with a little home-made chocolate or vanilla icing and/or serve with freshly whipped cream that has a generous dash of vanilla or brandy.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp ) molasses
- 1/2 cup (120g) buttermilk (plain yogurt works as well)
- 2 cups canned or fresh roasted pumpkin (NOT pie filling)
- spice mixture: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F, use convection if you have it; lightly grease bundt pan
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Final batter: combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- Fill bundt pan, bake 45-50 minutes, or until the tops JUST spring back. Do not over bake or muffins will be tough
- Remove from oven, set in pan for 15 minutes, then remove to cooling rack
- drizzle with icing if desired (put a drip tray under your cooling rack)
Makes 1 large bundt cake