Zucchini Almond Cinnamon Muffins
The zucchini makes these extra moist, while the almonds add dense nutrition and the strong note of cinnamon spices things up. A tasty, hearty snack muffin!
- 2 large eggs
- ½ stick (4 tbsp) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1¾ cups plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups grated non-GMO zucchini, grated with skin
- 1 cup chopped or ground raw almonds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F, use convection if you have it; lightly grease muffin pan
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth
- If you are adding other ingredients, combine them with wet mix in the large bowl
- Final batter: combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- Fill muffin cups close to top
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until the tops JUST spring back. Do not over bake or muffins will be tough
- Remove from oven, set in pans for 5-10 minutes, then remove to cooling rack
Makes 16 muffins or 2 medium loaves
Note: for more cinnamon flavour sprinkle on top prior to baking Yummy!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published